Customer experience has become a very important factor for businesses operating in the current digitized environment. Hence businesses have to make consistent efforts to deliver compelling customer experiences to engage customers and drive results accordingly. However, this is much easier said than done because optimizing your customers’ experience in every touchpoint is not an easy undertaking.
Nonetheless, CRM solutions such as the SAP customer experience platform can be beneficial in such cases. Therefore, let’s check out all the necessary information about the SAP customer experience platform you need to know to ensure a successful implementation.
What is SAP Customer Experience (SAP CX)?
SAP customer experience is a customer relationship management or CRM platform offered by SAP. The solution is the successor of the previously available SAP CRM, and many features and functionalities of the platform still match its predecessor’s offerings.
SAP customer experience comes with a blend of different functionalities developed by SAP along with acquired solutions brought under the SAP umbrella from 2013 to 2018. Furthermore, SAP customer experience runs on the well-known SAP HANA platform and leverages the SAP Fiori user interface offering unmatched usability.
Five Pillars of SAP Customer Experience
SAP customer experience is as comprehensive as it can get. The solution comes with five different cloud-based solutions that work in sync to deliver unmatched customer experiences from your end. Therefore, let’s check out these clouds one at a time to better understand what they have to offer.
- SAP Marketing Cloud: The SAP marketing cloud is designed to focus on different business activities needed to earn and retain customers. The solution will accumulate the data generated from different marketing activities and scrutinize the same to determine their impact on the business as a whole. This enables businesses to make better and more informed decisions and enhance their customer interactions to generate better business results.
- SAP Sales Cloud: This solution will work to cater to the different requirements of the sales team. The SAP Sales Cloud will use advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence to carry out forecasts and gather other important data. This data will be comprehended by the system and later used by the employees to get a comprehensive view of the customers. This allows them to augment their sales pitch, enhance the chances of making the sale, and increase the revenue generation for the business.
- SAP Customer Data Cloud: As the name suggests, the SAP Customer Data Cloud is designed to collect, store, and protect all the data associated with customers. This means businesses can leverage different methods and approaches to generate customer data and store them for future reference. Furthermore, the SAP Customer Data Cloud enables customers to gain complete control over their data while ensuring uncompromised compliance with the GDPR requirements.
- SAP Commerce Cloud: This solution has many responsibilities as this helps businesses with experience management, product content management, order management, and even personalization. SAP Commerce Cloud can provide you with innovative solutions and functionalities to develop and maintain an effective and robust presence on your preferred eCommerce platform.
- SAP Service Cloud: SAP Service Cloud is designed to help businesses manage varied requests for service from customers of the business. This includes everything from in-person chats during the call center hours to late-night social media messages. This enables businesses to provide their customers with a consistent and seamless experience every time a customer requires assistance.
What are the deployment options for SAP CX?
The SAP customer experience comes with three different deployment options that customers can use to match their unique preferences. Therefore, let’s check these deployment options and find the ideal one for your business.
- Cloud: As you have already noticed, the five primary components of the SAP customer experience solution are cloud-based. This makes it easier to deploy the solution in the cloud rather than on-premise deployment. Therefore, what businesses need to consider here is the right architecture that will best suit the organization’s distinct requirements. In addition, it is not like one has to deploy all the five cloud solutions because SAP customer experience gives you the option to choose the solutions that are needed by your business.
- On-Premise: Organizations also have the option to deploy SAP customer experience in the on-premise format. However, it is worth noting that it is hard to predict how long this offering will last as most SAP solutions are now deployed on the cloud. Earlier, SAP even offered the marketing functionalities on the on-premise version of the SAP customer experience, but this functionality has been discontinued in recent years.
- Rapid Deployment Solution: This might come as a surprise to many SAP also provides its users with numerous rapid-deployment solutions. These solutions include fixed deliverables, fixed scope, and even fixed fee services to help and guide users through the initial stages of implementation. These solutions might not be comprehensive to cover everything about SAP customer experience, but they can still be very useful for all businesses.
Innovations in SAP Customer Experience
SAP customer experience is different from other SAP solutions such as the SAP S/4 HANA and more. While the innovations in the conventional SAP solutions revolve around in-house development, SAP customer experience accumulates all the existing functionalities that did not coexist earlier.
SAP customer experience base comes with different Hybris functionalities. However, the customer data management section of the solution gets its features and functionalities from acquisition and the customer experience measurement function that can begin with Qualtrics.
That being said, one must forget that it is one such company that never seizes to deploy enhancements in its solutions. Therefore, the chances are high that users will get to see more advanced features and functionalities in the solution as time passes. This can come in the form of features from existing SAP solutions such as SAP S/4 HANA, SAP CRM, or even from other non-SAP solutions with the help of APIs.
SAP customer experience is currently one of the most advanced and effective CRM solutions available in the market. This suite of robust solutions promises great returns on investment, all thanks to its distinct features and functionalities. Therefore, get in touch with our SAP Gold Partner and drive seamless implementation of SAP customer experience to drive better results.
If you found this article helpful. Let us know your favorite part of this blog in the comments down below.
Eric Smith is an SAP professional providing consulting services for SAP solutions to his clients. With a knack for technology, he loves to write on the latest SAP developments and share his knowledge with the readers.