Pentaho Data Integration
Data integration combines technical and business processes used to combine data from various sources into meaningful and valuable information. A complete data integration solution involves discovery, cleansing, monitoring, transforming and delivery of data from a different variety of sources. Data integration is appearing with ever-increasing frequency as the volume and also the need to share existing data is exploding on a regular day basis. It has become the prime focus of extensive theoretical work, and there are numerous open problems which still remain unsolved and puzzled.
Pentaho Data Integration delivers analytics ready and accurate data to end users from any source and eliminates the complexities involved in coding by providing in-depth libraries for the same. It also helps integrate all disparate sources at the fingertips of IT and business users.
Some of its Features are:
Simple Drag and Drop Interface :
- Graphical ETL tool for processing and loading different disparate sources.
- Rich library of pre-built components for easy analysis
- Integrates debugger for testing and also tuning job execution.
Powerful Management and Administration :
- Manage security privileges for roles and users.
- Restarting of jobs from the last successful checkpoint and rolling back once execution is failed.
- Set permission to control users actions: execute, read or create.
Data Quality and Profiling :
- Identify data that fails to comply with business standards and rules.
- Cleanse and validate redundant and inconsistent data.
- Manage data quality with partners such as MelissaData and Human Inference.