Disentangling Business Intelligence for SMBs with Pentaho BI
Business intelligence tools (BI tools) are a way for companies to monitor data and generate business insights – necessary components in making smarter, better decisions that drive results. Business Intelligence (BI) technology, tools, and applications help companies gather, analyze, and store data that business leaders and employees can use to make informed decisions.
CIO.com’s Ryan Mulcahy boils down the essence of BI as an overarching term that encompasses “a variety of software applications used to analyze an organization’s raw data. BI as a discipline is made up of several related activities, including data mining, online analytical processing, querying, and reporting.” BI technologies can reveal historical, current, and predictive views of business operations. With the aim to support better business decision-making, a BI system is often referred to as a decision support system (DSS). The concept of BI emerged as early as 1996, when a Gartner Group report urged that “by 2000, Information Democracy will emerge in forward-thinking enterprises, with Business Intelligence information and applications available broadly to employees, consultants, customers, suppliers, and the public.” The report pointed out that staying ahead of the competition in a thriving marketplace is key to success. Businesses must make decisions based on accurate, current information—not intuition or collective hunches. The report proffered that: “Data analysis, reporting, and query tools can help business users wade through a sea of data to synthesize valuable information from it—today these tools collectively fall into a category called ‘Business Intelligence.”
BI is as important for any SMB as it is for giant companies. When choosing the right business intelligence tools for your organization, consider your company, your employees, your departments and teams – and the success factors that drive your decision-making. What isn’t working currently, and what factors would benefit from improvement?Select tools that allow you to visualize and analyze relevant data, combining and eliminating and customizing to generate information that helps you better understand your data. Pentaho BI suite is one such powerful business intelligence suite, infact it is the most widely used business intelligence tool helping companies make fact-based and insightful decisions that will improve company performance.
Check out some of the capabilities and features of fully functional Pentaho BI Reporting Tool by Nevpro Business Solutions that delivers everything you need to create and understand reports quickly and easily, with minimal IT involvement:
- Pentaho BI Suite provides the most adaptable, financially savvy, and widely-deployed business intelligence software in the world, empowering better choice making through profoundly intelligent Web-based reports, dashboards, and analysis tools.
- Pentaho reporting software takes data from one or more information sources and displays it in a simple to-peruse format so businesses can stay informed and settle on better choices.
- Pentaho BI dashboard tool joins information and graphical markers to convey initially synopses of data for clients to see the condition of their business and rapidly react.
- Pentaho data analysis software is used to model, manipulate, and visualize data using OLAP or in-memory analysis in order to identify issues, spot trends, and make better decisions quickly.
- Pentaho data integration software extracts, transforms, and loads (ETL) information from diverse sources into an information stockroom or information store popularly known as data warehouse or data mart for reporting and analysis purposes.
- The Pentaho BI Platform provides the main administrations required to deal with the complete BI suite, empowering you to process, arrange, secure and get to reports, dashboards, and investigation views.
Watch our Video on YouTube.